Apologies for the lacking posts lately, I’m going through some personal issues at the moment, but of course working hard to get my head back on my shoulders.
On a brighter note, Students United for Public Education is starting to gain some momentum–unbelievable, really, how far we have come in just a few short months. If you aren’t a part of our mailing list and\or following our Facebook page, here’s a list of our expected chapters–some already doing work!
- Chicago Area – A student from DePaul University and University of Illinois-Chicago are working with the new Chicago Student Union. They are organizing as Students United for Educational Justice. If you’d like to get involved with this local chapter, please contact Tessa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ohio State University - OSU Chapter being led by some fascinating ladies. They already held their first teach-in on issues in education, particularly in their area–and from what I heard, it went really well and gained a lot of interest in SUPE. Check out their Facebook page: Students United for Public Education at Ohio State University!
- University of Wisconsin-Madison - Home to the fellow 3 founders of SUPE, a chapter is now in the process of being established and led by an undergraduate, Sarah Smith. To get involved please e-mail her at: email@example.com and give their chapter’s page a like: Students United for Public Education at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Florida Atlantic University - Also still in the process of building themselves, they have already gained a great number of interest on campus. To get involved, contact Andrew Ginden (who I believe will be joining us at Occupy the DOE this summer!) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harvard University - Still in recruitment stage, but moving forward nonetheless! To help Rachel build her chapter in Boston, contact her at: email@example.com.
We can’t thank you all enough for your endless support you’ve provided from the very beginning. For any questions for SUPE in general, feel free to send me an e-mail or contact us at: SUPEcontact@gmail.com.